Thursday, October 1, 2009

Struggles




I am facing a few struggles this week.


  • I have no idea how and where to pay for my electricity bill.
  • I do not fully understand the garbage system.
  • I am terrified of the spiders here.
Firstly, I cannot read any of the info on my electricity bill. I am still waiting for my debit card, so paying online is not an option.  The garbage system here is very intricate. And if you do not adhere to the high standards there are fines.  It's a bit frustrating that I have to put so much thought into my garbage disposal. I have to separate my garbage into burnable and unburnable garbage. I also have to pay for special bags. In Japan you cannot toss your garbage in any plastic bag that's lying around. You have buy special bags that are marked burnable and unburnable.


Next, the spiders here are HUGE and fast. The other night I spent 1 hour trying to kill a superfast spider. Just now I went to check my mail box and there is a huge spider in the  hallway. When I started running, the spider started running and it kept up with me. So now, I'm quarantined. I want to go to the post office but I'm too scared.  --Before you judge: I live alone and I'm deathly afraid of spiders :(. Aww sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment